Studio Three is searching for a Studio Manager to manage day-to-day operations at our flagship River North Location as we disrupt boutique fitness in Chicago.
We are a small, dedicated group of professionals committed to providing a world-class experience in Interval, Cycle and Yoga. Ranked in the “Top 100 Places to Work 2019 by Crain’s Chicago Business,” Studio Three has a supportive, team-oriented, and innovative culture. If you are a passionate, hard-working, organized leader looking to break into the fitness world, this position is for you.
Responsible for the overall upkeep, appearance, and functionality of the studio. Ensures operational efficiency and high levels of cleanliness throughout the studio. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service. Additional operational responsibilities include inventory control, payroll budget, and general club maintenance.
- Creates and maintains written processes for assigned departments (i.e. Hospitality checklist, opening/closing checklist)
- Sets up and maintains standards of cleanliness for Hospitality and Front Desk team, including all back of house spaces.
- Sets and maintains a high standard for customer service of all front of house teams
- Initiates and executes community-driven initiatives to build client engagement
- Conducts daily walkthroughs of space to ensure the studio meets company and safety guidelines.
- Maintains and purchases the inventory of supplies as necessary to operate the studio
- Works with directors to ensure accurate supply levels in all studios, including but not limited to bikes, weights, and props
- Works in collaboration with the Hospitality Managers to ensure a high level of cleanliness of the studio at all times, including ordering high-quality material
- Completes payroll and compiles hourly budget reports on a weekly basis
- Ensures communication materials with the team are up-to-date (communication binder)
- Spends time at the front desk, especially during peak hours, to ensure appropriate systems are in place and that cleanliness and organization are a priority.
- Constantly innovating to improve systems, customer service, and efficiency.
Responsible for the performance and development of the staff. Other responsibilities include: recruiting, hiring, and making the schedule.
- Manages (trains, motivates, directs, and coaches) all studio staff, creating and maintaining a team that is highly personable, client-oriented, and committed to achieving and exceeding both the studio and company goals
- Fosters a culture of teamwork, openness, and transparency.
- Documents and holds team accountable to their job
- Manages and works with the leadership team to recruit, hire and train staff
- Completes Human Resources related tasks like new employee paperwork and payroll
- Leads weekly leadership meetings
- Creates weekly schedule 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Works with team to develop new staff training when necessary
- Delegates responsibilities strategically and thoughtfully to help develop and challenge fellow team members.
- 3 years of Hospitality or Customer Service experience required
- At least 3 years of Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, learn from feedback, and implement changes
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience.